A doctorate is an academic degree or professional degree that, in most countries, qualifies the holder to teach at the university level in the specific field of his or her degree, or to work in a specific profession. While the structure of doctoral programs is more formal and complex than in some other systems, the research doctorate is not awarded for the preliminary advanced study that leads to doctoral candidacy, but rather for successfully completing and defending the independent research presented in the form of the doctoral dissertation (thesis). In fact many universities offer PhD followed by a professional doctorate degree or joint PhD. with the professional degree (most often Ph.D. work comes sequential to the professional degree) often such professional degrees are refereed as entry level doctorate program and PhD as post-professional doctorate.
Doctorate or PhD degree programs are the third-level degree programs in Germany's education system. In Germany, a PhD or another doctoral degree may be done in different ways such as:-
• There are PhD students who carry out their research work in 'graduate colleges' at universities under a rigid time schedule. Others are university employees and work part-time as teaching or research fellows at the department or any other higher institute in which they pursue PhD program.
• Others work on their research projects within privately funded or other sponsored non-university research institutes. While some may have the privilege of a scholarship or their private funds allowing them to concentrate exclusively on their PhD, others manage to pursue their PhD work as a 'night job' in addition to working on a regular job in a company.
• The minimum educational eligibility conditions for doing a PhD program in Germany is a Master's degree in the subject area. However, in some exceptional cases with outstanding academic results, students may be permitted to take up a PhD program with a Bachelor's honor degree. This depends on the subject, the university, the department and sometimes on the individual academician's views.
• University certificate
• Official university Transcript
• 2 Recommendation letters
• 1 Academic letter
• Meet the English language requirements