With many international students gearing towards studying in Asia, Malaysia stands on top of the continent’s favorite study destinations. Malaysia is not only famous for being a travel destination, but its capital- Kuala Lumpur is a home to many internationally-recognized universities and schools. Studying in Malaysia gives you the opportunity to study at a cosmopolitan country that has one of the fastest growing economies in Asia and the whole world.
The educational system in Malaysia has been rated to be among the best systems in the world. Many universities in Malaysia enjoy the privilege of providing dual accredited degrees, as many universities are already in partnership with universities in the UK & the US. Not only that, but this all comes for affordable tuition fees and living expenses.
The educational system for higher education in Malaysia includes both public and private universities. Public universities in Malaysia rank among the top world-wide universities; whereas private universities can be affiliated with European and American universities and offer students the opportunity to study-abroad semester and enjoy a dual accreditation from both the Malaysian and the affiliated university.
There are several reasons on why many international students choose to study in Malaysia. Some of these reasons are:
- Established and high quality education system and standards
- Tuition fees are inexpensive
- Living expenses are very low
- Part-time jobs during studies
- Courses are conducted in English
- One of the safest and politically stable countries in the world
- Straightforward immigration procedures
- Cultural diversity
- Meeting new people from different nationalities
- Get exposed to a new vibrant culture
Moreover, the requirements for a study visa are quite simple and straightforward. The visa process itself takes an average of 2-3 weeks to process which is faster than in other countries.
The required documents for attaining a study visa in Malaysia are:
- Filled-in visa application form signed by the student
- University acceptance letter approved by the pass & permit division in the Immigration Headquarters of Malaysia.
- Passport sized photos
- Copy of a valid passport
- Previous degree’s graduation certificate and academic transcripts translated in English and stamped by the Higher Education Authority and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in which the degree has been issued previously
- Bank statement that shows proof of enough funds of both the tuition fees, living expenses and accommodation in Malaysia
- A completed medical health examination report
Once the student submits all the above documents to the Malaysian embassy/consulate in his/her country of residency, he or she shall be waiting for the Student Pass Sticker which shall take 2-3 weeks to arrive and where the student has to present upon his/her arrival in Malaysia.
BESA can offer you the following courses in Malaysia: Foundation, Bachelor, Masters, and Language Courses.