Bachelor programs for most majors in the UK usually last 3 years, except for some majors; such as: Pharmacy—4 years, Medicine and Dentistry- 5 years.
Types of Bachelor Degrees:
- International Year One: This is similar to the first year in a Bachelor program, but requires easier academic requirements.
- Fast-track 2-year degrees: which allow students to finish-up their studies early and join the job field instantly.
- Bachelor + Master’s Program: Where students study for an extra one year to finish-up both their Bachelor and Master’s program in one batch.
- Placement Year: where students gets the chance to study for their Bachelor Degree and incorporate it with an internship for an additional year. Internship usually takes place before the final year of your bachelor, where the undertaken internship will account towards your overall degree.
Average requirements for Foundation Programs in the UK:
- For IGCSE System: 3 A Levels with a high score. The A levels should be in subjects that are relevant to your desired major.
- For American Diploma: Min CGPA of 2.7 + SAT 1 & SAT2 or 3 Aps (Advanced Placement).
- For National Sytsem (Thanwiya Ama): Students who have finished their National system studies in Egypt must undertake a foundation to qualify for entering a university in the UK.
Required Documents for undertaking a Bachelor Degree in the UK:
- High School Transcript
- Copy of Passport
- 2 Recommendation Letters
- Personal Statement
- IELTS for UKVI